Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Why we lie

Why do we lie? Maybe because of fear or maybe it just a bad habit. There are many reason why we lie. One reason is fear of being rejected or losing something like a friend. They are concerned of there self image. In fear, we do this to avoid conflict. To avoid getting punished by someone, disapproval or embarrassment. Sometime we learn to lie through others. Because other do it we feel its alright and make it a bad habit. We also lie cause we predict a reaction. Maybe sometimes we think that person like our mothers will say no if you ask for a favor or permission.

I agree with each type and believe there are many more reason why people lie. Most time I do lie out of fear to avoid conflict with a loved one and even when I assume that someone would say no but I don't make it a habit to constantly lie to other. This is because cause I feel it not right this was the way I was brought up. Lies almost alway get me in trouble that way I try not to lie. Some how I almost alway get caught and it later when there twice as mad as they would have been.

I chose these picture because they both illustrate that we all choose to lie. Lying is a choice we make. Some are big and can cause damage to your reputation others are little fibsbut can still impact people jugdement. All lies have the power to change the way a person feels about you when they find out it was a lie.

No comments: